Raise your hand if you’re weird! Wow… if you raised your hand, you really are weird. I am too though so it’s all good. I think we should form a support group. What do you think? You down? Let me know in the comments. I’m a very weird girl, and I love and own every bit of this fact! I’m the kind of girl who NEVER gets embarrassed about anything, even when I should be. Normal is boring’s older sister. We have to embrace all of our quirks and flaws if we want to be a force in this world!
I’ve decided to just put it all out there in the beginning so that you can make an educated decision as to whether or not you want to be a part of my Passionate Gypsy Tribe. Please, just accept me for who I am, and not who I’m destined to be, because honestly, there’s no guarantee I’ll ever reach my full potential in this life.
With that being said, here are the raw, unfiltered, cold, hard facts:
- I often fantasize what it would be like to drink wine and eat pasta on a rooftop terrace in Spain every day staring into William Levy’s eyes.
- I tend to smack when I eat which is why my family was on the verge of disowning me, but I packed my bags and moved to South Korea where people accept me for who I am, mostly because they are ten times worse than I am at chewing their food with their mouths closed.
- When I was about 7 or 8 years old I took a pair of scissors and cut my ponytail off. I ran to the kitchen, ponytail in hand, to brag to my mother about what I did-I had no idea the consequences would be so severe! My mom whooped me so bad I threw up all over her new comforter….Then she beat me again for throwing up on her new comforter! A decade and a half later I decided to shave it all off, but this time I was grown so I didn’t get a whooping.
- When I’m alone I blast the music really loud and sing and dance to 90s Hip Hop and R&B. I’ll even throw in the occasional Michael Bolton serenade every once in a while.
- I am the clumsiest, least poise woman you will ever meet. I may fall down the aisle during my own wedding, but the kicker is, I couldn’t care less! I’m hardly ever embarrassed when I have one of those moments. I OWN IT!!
- I enjoy eating at fancy restaurants by myself, with a bottle (yes bottle, not glass) of wine. Some people think I’m depressed, others think I’ve been stood up, but really I’m just chilling, enjoying my own company. #toasttothesingleladies
- I start diets on Mondays and renege by Tuesday night. #sorrynotsorry #unapologetic
- I’m addicted to food-mostly carbs. I’m looking for a cure, but so far no such luck. If you find one let me know so I can do better in life.
- I’m obsessed with traveling the world. It is my mission to be the first black woman under 35 to travel to all 196 countries! Can you say #GypsyGoals!
- Sometimes I lose two hours of my day laughing hysterically at the dumb comments people leave on controversial viral threads on Facebook. I’m not happy about it, but it is what it is. I’m trying to do better…
- My brain does this thing where it never shuts up! It’s like a machine with energizer batteries that never die! It’s like that damn bunny in the commercial it just keeps going and going and going. It can be a positive thing, but sometimes it just makes me the least productive person ever!
- I have no eyebrows. None. Zero. I didn’t shave them when I was young; they simply never grew in. Thank God for MAC Cosmetics’ eyebrow pencils!
- People think I’m an extrovert, because I’m out-going and people love me, but secretly I’m always daydreaming about getting back to my empty apartment, cuddling up with my boyfriend pillow (not boyfriend-boyfriend pillow, there’s a difference) and reading a book on my Kindle App.
- If you really want to grind my gears, refer to Africa as a country, misuse their, they’re, and there, and say “doing good” instead of “doing well”. I can’t help but grit my teeth. I’m not sure why it annoys me so much, because I’m definitely not your brightest star in the sky! For some reason, I just can’t deal!
- Last but not least, I confess that I have a serious gas problem. It’s really bad, and I can’t help it. Everyone who knows me well, knows it, and now I’m telling you. Please don’t unsubscribe! I’m just being honest! Wait, don’t go!!
Which one of you brave souls would like to share some raw, unfiltered facts about yourself with me? Leave it in the comments.
Did anyone you know come to mind when you were reading this? If so, share this post with them.